Monday, December 21, 2009

when you've made your bed you can still complain for sure

it could be discontent, chasing rainbow's ends...ho-hum its a slow sunday evening-monday morning. If you're still up at this hour chances are you're glued to a good re-run on HBO or you're thinking of your life or what's become of it. Well I'm watching the very first (and I think the best) Batman movie. Michael Keaton is the best Batman far as I'm concerned. Jack Nicholson, the better Joker by far.

Up next is Twilight Zone the Movie! Me oh my and on Christmas time at that! I remember this film quite well, John Lithgow's plane hallucinations really stuck to my memory. I also distinctly remember the line "...wanna see something scary..." Of course it didn't hurt that the film had this remarkable song also called Twilight Zone, by the Manhattan Transfer. But this film became known in history for the accidental deaths of actor Vic Morrow and two very young Vietnamese extras while shooting scene.

A while ago I was at the nearest mall from my place, its called Cash and Carry and its about as busy as any mall would be during xmas time. I wanted to get gifts for my nephews and nieces and did manage to purchase about five items. So my gift list has been trimmed down to about 24, and this is just my family, but on the other hand its already the 19th and I have work till the 24th so that's that.

What really caught my attention was the small conversation I overheard from three or four teens outside our house while I was waiting for transport. Now these are your regular public high school kids. In this part of the planet, we are notorious for looking down on our noses at the quality of public school education, even more so if the subject is English. But this scene I witness gave me hope that maybe finally, our youth is getting better in speaking English. So one of the teens is buying something in the store and her friends, who were a couple were walking towards her holding hands. Soon as she spots them she shouts "Ang cheesy nyong dalawa!" (You two are so cheesy). Well I didn't know that teens use this expression these days, that's really something I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

customers